These are two separate assignments:
Gender-Specific Reentry Planning for Women
- In this assignment, you address why women offenders have specific needs in reentry planning. Studies indicate there is a strong correlation between women commit crimes and who have a history of trauma.
Review the “Who Benefits From Gender Responsive Treatment?” article in this week’s University Library Readings.
Answer the following questions in a paper of at least 700 words:
- How could a correlation of past trauma contribute to a woman’s tendency to become an offender?
- Why do women who have a prior history of abuse have a higher probability to become substance abusers?
- How could poverty have an effect on women who use drugs or become offenders?
- What are some factors to consider while reentry planning for women, as well as other diverse populations, who have been victims of prior abuse?
- In this assignment, you will identify goals and strategies involved in the prerelease planning stage of the reentry process for inmates and offenders. This will help to create a plan for reentry.
Review and conduct research on the following goals included in the reentry process:
- Goal 1: Address housing needs of inmates post-incarceration.
- Goal 2: Assist inmates in obtaining employment post-release.
- Goal 3: Provide resources for mental health, medical, and substance abuse treatment during and after incarceration.
- Goal 4: Connect offenders with appropriate government benefits.
- Write a 1,400-word paper to describe strategies for meeting these goals. For each goal:
- Describe the goal and how it relates to reducing recidivism.
- Identify 2 strategies for accomplishing the goal.
- Describe 3 activities per strategy, and how the activity will benefit the offender.