Choose and answer one of the following (cite lectures and Yao for all answers):
1. Explain the paradox of proper order and illustrate it
2. Explain the Confucian understanding of the family
3. Explain harmony
The required course readings are: Xinzhong Yao, An Introduction to Confucianism
Assignment should be 5–6 pages. You will answer one essay question from the list of prompts. The bibliography page does not count toward your page count.• Students must submit all essays through Canvas.
*********Canvas will automatically scan the paper for plagiarism using Turnitin.• Plagiarism (including self-plagiarism and copying lectures verbatim) will not be tolerated. Turnitin can detect similarities to papers submitted for previous versions of this course as well as other sources.
Use standard formatting (points will be deducted otherwise):
• Double spacing,
• 12pt Times New Roman,
• 1 inch margins,
• No more than 1 inch of space dedicated to title and header,
• No extraneous space between paragraphs or headers.
Cite lecture and class readings where appropriate (points will be deducted otherwise):
• Include a bibliography page at the end of your paper,
• Include in-text parenthetical citations throughout the paper (including lecture dates),
• Please do not use footnotes unless absolutely necessary,
**************************• Please do not use outside sources,
• Do not copy/paste lecture notes into the text of your response (this is plagiarism),
• Please do not simply paraphrase the lecture notes or the book,
• Again, plagiarism (including self-plagiarism) will not be tolerated. Turnitiin can detect similarities to papers submitted for previous versions of this course and outside sources. We will report any violations to the Academic Integrity office, and the University will assemble a team to assess the incident and determine consequences.