Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read question 7-1 on page 237 of our text. When we are gathering data for our strategic management activities including data that aids us in evaluating the effectiveness of our strategic management activities, we are likely the use the Web and we undoubtedly will seek information from social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and other sources. As such, we must consider if we will permit employees to spend time on their personal social media accounts, perhaps as a break from labor intensive research activities.
Your report must include the following:
- Provide a description of permitted use policy for employee use of computing equipment to access personal social media accounts. You need to offer at least two quality references to support your policy statement. Effectively, you are formulating a strategy statement.
- If you do not permit any access, provide reasons why and support your reasons with at least two quality references in addition to the text.
- If you permit access, when is access permitted and what restrictions are placed on the access? Support your position with at least two quality references in addition to the text.
- How will you measure compliance with your policy? This is equivalent to describing how you will measure the effectiveness of your strategy. The emphasis is on specific things you will do to measure compliance. At least one specific measurement activity must be described. References for this section are optional.
In your paper,
- Create a social media permitted use policy for employees.
- Define at least one specific management action designed to ensure and measure employee compliance.
The Employee Social Media Policy paper
- Must be one to two double-spaced in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted