The answer for each question should be at least 100 words (500 total for each assignment). While all responses should be based on the assigned course content, if you choose to include additional outside information, be sure to cite your source(s) using APA Style. If you directly quote the course textbook, don’t forget to cite the text. Please note that all assignments are automatically submitted to Turnitin to check for academic dishonesty, as noted in the syllabus.
- In what ways do governmental institutions operate with respect to people at the state level?
- How are the main purposes of state constitutions both like and different from the U.S. Constitution?
- What are some of the guiding principles found in state governments? From your own point of view, what types of guiding principles belong and do not belong in state constitutions?
- What are the various procedures available to change constitutions? What methods are available in your state to change the constitution?
- What are some of the positive and negative aspects of allowing citizens to directly amend state constitutions through general election ballot measures?