Purpose: To demonstrate how you are constructing knowledge based on experiences in this course. Questions to consider addressing in your reflection might include: What have you learned? How are you thinking/behaving/feeling differently as a result of the course?
The first three weeks of class have been dedicated to exploring communication competency, the ethical implications of our communication, and the process of perception and attribution.
Consider the material we covered in both lectures and the assigned reading during this time and respond in writing to the following prompt:
From your point of view, how are communication competency, ethics, and the processes of perception and attribution related and what connections can you draw between these concepts? Why is it important to understand these connections? Add an illustrative example from your own experiences.
The paper must meet the following criteria:
- Have a clearly identifiable thesis/topic statement
- Even reflection papers need to be ordered around a thesis (central idea that is supported in the paper that follows)
- Support this thesis
- Refer to personal opinions and experiences
- Connect personal reflections to the assigned readings for this course
- Demonstrate knowledge of concepts covered in lecture and recitation
- Cite your textbook as well as either the Engstrom OR Vishwaneth reading
- Adhere to APA style
- Be approximately 500-650 words in length (not including references)
- Be double-spaced
- Have 1-inch margins
- Do not include a cover page, no cutting and pasting of question
This is due to CANVAS by 11:59 pm on Friday, February 11th.