Compose an eight-page paper, in full APA format, following the instructions provided below.
You have been hired as the Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) for a medium-sized company. The company does not currently have a diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) strategy, and your manager, the CEO, has asked you to develop a comprehensive, initial proposal to address key DEI areas within the company. Through research (using websites, peer-reviewed scholarly journals, and articles, readings from this course, any other readings you find helpful outside of this course, the exercises you have completed during this course, etc.) compose a plan addressing the below areas.
- Describe the importance of having a DEI strategy;
- Identify and describe what is necessary for a DEI strategy to be effective and successful in a company;
- Recruitment: identify and describe three to five strategies that the company can employ to ensure a diverse workforce;
- Retention: identify and describe three to five strategies that the company can employ to ensure it retains diverse talent;
- Inclusion and Belonging: identify and describe three to five strategies that the company can employ to ensure that minorities in the workplace feel included and feel like they belong in the company;
- Equity: identify and describe three to five strategies that the company can employ to ensure equity for and among minorities in the workplace;
- For each strategy that you have identified under recruitment, retention, inclusion and belonging and equity, suggest a success factor that the company can use to measure and ensure that it is meeting the objective/goal of the strategy.