From the articles and books available in Bolman and Deal, "Appendix A: The Best in Organizational Theory", select and report on one text from each list. The report should be words and must include the following:
- identification of author, the occasion of article/book, the intended audience, and the place or importance of this book within the field of leadership (250-300 words);
- summary of the content of the book (500-750 words); and
- a critical engagement of the book’s contents, along with engagement on the usefulness and limits of the book for research in the field of leadership (500-750 words).
Tips for Writing the Precis/Summary
- Put the authors’ arguments in your own words.
- If you want to include an extensive quote, locate it as a footnote/endnote.
- Create charts or infographics that summarize the argument
- The ratio should be about 75% summary and 25% evaluation/critique