This course is called the Experience of Modern Art. As such, we want to give you multiple chances to experience different types of modern art. Part of experiencing art requires that you process what you are experiencing. In other words:
- Why did you select this particular piece of modern art as opposed to others?
- What are you seeing, touching, hearing, smelling, tasting in this modern artwork? (Yes, food can be a form of art. They call it the culinary arts for a reason.)
- What do you think and feel about the modern art you are experiencing?
- What does the specific piece of modern art mean to you?
- Art is communication between the artist and their audience. What message do you think the modern artist was trying to convey?