- Imagine that you are a Mohawk man or woman who knew Catherine Tekakwitha very well before she died
- Write a letter to your friend sharing your insight into her life as a Mohawk and as a Catholic convert, and trying to convince him/her why you believe she wasor was nota praiseworthy or heroic figure.
- 1) The scenario in this assignment is an imaginative exercise, and it allows you to use some creativity in imagining who you are and who you are writing to. However, your paper must be based on evidence from class, the book, or the course pack. You will be evaluated on how well you use real evidence from the book.
2) Present the evidence honestly and fairly. Do not distort evidence. Consider possible counter- arguments, and address potential objections. Ignoring or hiding evidence will weaken your case. Do not rely on emotions or rhetoric to make your case; rely on good, solid evidence.
3) Do not do any additional research. DO NOT USE THE INTERNET OR ANY OUTSIDE SOURCES in any way to write this paper, even for background information. You may use only Mohawk Saint, lecture material, and the course packet to write this paper.