An Annotated Bibliography is a list of the sources you have found so far.
These sources should:
- directly reflect your topic and working thesis
- be current
- demonstrate authority on the author’s part
Look for sources that will help you write, develop, and support your semester research project.
For each source, you should include:
- a full MLA citation as it would appear on your Works Cited page
- refer to Content >> Guide A: Research and MLA, as needed
- a summary, two to three sentences long, where you highlight the main argument of the source and the most important takeaways
- in a sentence or two, an evaluation of the effectiveness and credibility of your source
- a response of your reaction to the source and how you will use it in your writing or research project, in a sentence or two