Use the required readings and the Status of State Action on the Medicaid Expansion Decision
to answer these questions:
After reviewing this week’s content consider the following:
- Analyze how ACA Medicaid (Medicaid expansion) differs from other Medicaid programs.
- What problem(s) was the Medicare program originally intended to solve?
- Analyze the differences between Medicare and Medicaid.
- Why have financial considerations been important to the politics of policy.
- Analyze Medicare for all and how would it impact the current Medicare program.
For your post, we will have a debate:
- Take a side on the following topic: Is health care a right or a privilege? If your last name starts with AK, take the position of it as a right, LZ take the position of it as a privilege. (My last name starts with T)
- Support your position based on current literature and content from this week.
- Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals
- Chapter 11: Medicare: Protector to Innovator
- Chapter 12: Medicaid and the Financing of Care for Vulnerable Populations: A Story of Misconceptions
- Brill, S. (2013, April 4). Bitter pill: Why medical bills are killing us. Time.
- Gale, A. H. (2015). Fifty years of Medicare: The good and the bad. Missouri Medicine, 112(4), 252257.