Company 1: Examine a company that has endured and is considered sustainable.
Select a company that is at least 25 years old.
- How has that company changed over time?
- How have they remained relevant?
- How is change derailed in organizations?
- What can managers do to prevent the failure of change processes?
- How should a business balance what it does well, today, with what it will need to do in the future?
- Can a firm do both activities well?
Company 2 : Strategizing Change – the certainty of Innovation
Identify a technological innovation that you believe will impact an industry.
- How will it impact the competitive landscape?
- Which company is likely to thrive? To struggle?
- What tools can a manager use to scan the external environment in an effort to anticipate potential organizational changes?
- Consider the various approaches to organizational change. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach?
- Under what conditions is one approach more suitable than another?