For this assignment, you will create a presentation that details an organizational transformation.
The Organizational Transformation presentation allows you to demonstrate your understanding of the reading assignments, class discussions, your own research, and the application of new knowledge gained throughout the course. The assignment focuses on leadership roles, strategic planning, motivational strategies, the role of human resources, and the importance of cultural competency, strategic alliances, and community reputation as it relates to the health care organization.
For this assignment, you will prepare a 15- to 20-slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed speakers notes of 100 to 150 words for each slide, not including the title and reference slides.
The presentation will be created from the perspective of an upper-level administrator of one of the following types of health care organizations:
- Physicians group
Over the past year, the organization has received numerous negative reviews from patients and clients using the services at your chosen organization. Overall, the organizations reputation in the community has suffered due to
- poor quality of service,
- lack of empathy of the care providers and administrative staff including biases in care,
- difficulties in obtaining an open appointment
- poor patient or client care management in terms of effective treatment, and
- poor health outcomes for patients and clients who have received care from the organization.
Further, the employees are also struggling with burnout due to a heavy workload and poor management methods.
In the presentation, you must identify the key issues that are causing the negative survey results and then address the sequence of steps needed to create the organizational change necessary for improving the customer experience.
In your PowerPoint Presentation, address the following:
Leadership and management
- Analyze the role of leadership that contributes to the organizational culture. For example, upper leadership knows problems exist, but do nothing to stop the behavior.
- Discuss the semi-controllable and non-controllable forces that influenced the performance issues identified in the surveys.
- Create three new strategic goals for the organization.
- Explain the projected outcomes for each goal.
- Discuss three methods of motivating the employees to adopt the new strategies and overcome the resistance to the recommended changes.
- Explain your reasons for choosing the methods identified.
Human resources management
- Create a new job description to oversee the plan.
- Define the qualifications and traits this person will need to fulfill the duties.
- Discuss the pros and cons of hiring from within the organization versus hiring externally.
- Discuss the role bias in care has on the survey results.
- Explain the value of having a culturally diverse staff.
- Discuss the communication barriers that may exist in a culturally diverse staff.
- Examine at least two methods to overcome those barriers.
- Identify two other types of organizations with which your health care organization can partner to address the issues identified in the surveys.
- Discuss the services offered and how those services will support the needed changes within your organization.
- Analyze how the changes will impact the organizations reputation in the community.
The Organizational Transformation assignment
- Must be 15 to 20 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation in bold font
- Space should be between title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Students name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Due date
- Title of presentation in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must use at least seven credible sources
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centers APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA Style