Review the following:
- NASADAD. (2013). State regulations on substance use disorder programs and counselors: An overview [PDF]. https://nasadad.org/
- Familiarize yourself with your state’s criteria to become a substance use counselor.
- Find your state’s credentialing website using Table 1, "Overview of Agencies Responsible for Program Licensure," pages 9–12.
- Go to your state’s website and locate the license or certification available for professionals with a bachelor’s degree or lower.
- Roadmap to an Addiction Professional Career [DOCX].
- Use this worksheet to complete this assignment.
In the Roadmap to an Addiction Professional Career [DOCX] worksheet, fill in the tables completely in each of the following sections:
- State Specifics Overview.
- Education Requirements Overview.
- Other Requirements Overview.
- Final Thoughts.