Scope creep refers to the tiny, incremental change or addition of requirements to an already defined project so that, for example, a project that began by trying to produce a single ham sandwich ended up trying to produce a 3-course meal for 20 people.
Describe a time when scope creep happened on a project you were involved with. The project you describe may be from work (such as being affected by an IT upgrade project), school (such as participating in a team assignment), or personal life (such as planning a wedding).
- Who was responsible for adding requirements?
- Who was responsible for accepting them?
- Were the additional requirements introduced early in the project process or late?
- What were the outcomes? That is, was the expanded scope implemented or not?
- Did the project come in over budget? Was it delayed? Was it cancelled?
If you have never been involved in a type of project in which scope creep occurred, research specific causes of project scope creep and share at least 2 causes that are not listed in your textbook. Cite your sources in APA format.