You are to analyze how the five constructs from Social Cognitive Theory would be applied to a public health intervention to address your final papers health disparity topic.
Consider the following statements as you analyze the five constructs from the Social Cognitive Theory:
- Outline how you will increase knowledge.
- Summarize how you will enhance self-efficacy.
- Conclude how you will create positive outcome expectations.
- Compare and contrast the reinforcements or rewards that must be considered.
- Summarize if it is possible to help your targeted population achieve behavior change. If so, how? Identify if there are sociostructural factors to consider. If so, what are they?
- Make sure you address the concept of reciprocal triadic causation in your intervention and indicate the direction of influences. This assignment must reflect graduate-level writing and critical thinking.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment. Note that each week your assignment will consist of a vital component of your final paper. As such, you are encouraged to use the feedback you receive each week to make the necessary revisions for your final paper.
The Social Cognitive Theory Mini-Assignment paper
- Must be three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centers APA Formatting for Microsoft Word resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Students name
- Name of institution
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions and Writing a Thesis Statement, refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least two scholarly sources from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library databases written within the last five years.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view the Quick and Easy Library Research tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Centers APA: Citing Within Your Paper guide.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List resource in the Writing Center for specifications.