DLIS needs to prepare for the prevailing computer incidents of today and tomorrow. A computer incident response team (CIRT) plan can help prepare
an organization for many computer security incidents that might occur.
For this assignment, you will discuss a CIRT plan, which is often used as a contingency plan, for DLIS. A system administrator noticed yesterday that
several of the file servers at HQ were responding very slowly. The DLIS headquarters (HQ) handles all incidents, so the plan will have its roots at HQ.
Read a recent article, like the latest IBM Threat Intelligence Index, to gather information on current threats and remember to leverage the BCP and DRP
you generated for the organization last week.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
1. Describe purpose and primary elements of a CIRT plan.
2. Discuss the relationship between a CIRT plan and risk management.
3. Discuss the five Ws (who, what, where, when, and why) found in a CIRT plan in regard to the incident given in the above scenario.
4. Explain how DLIS can leverage their BCP and DRP to develop and support its CIRT plan.
5. Explain how you think threats will evolve to impact DLIS in the future and how the CIRT plan should be updated to combat them.
6. Discuss at least five best practices to follow when creating a CIRT plan.
7. Use at least two quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources. The Strayer
University Library is a good source for resources
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the
left-hand menu of your course.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
Develop a contingency plan for sample organization to include: business continuity, disaster recovery, and incident response.