- What impression will your posts to social networking sites, such as Facebook, indicate about you to potential employers who screen such sites to learn more about you? What, if anything, can you do improve your situation?
- Before you start searching for jobs, what should you do to help you find the opportunities that are right for you?
- What are the main advantage and disadvantage of customizing your cover letter and résumé by incorporating key verbiage from the job ad?
- Finding a job online is easy. Getting one is not. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
- Respond to each of the following items in the context of using networking to help you in your next job search:
- “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.”
- As a manager, given two candidates with approximately the same qualifications, one whom you know and trust, the other a stranger, who would you rather hire? Why?
- Identify the name and list the URL of the website of at least one national organization that represents your profession and has a local chapter. How can you use the local chapter to become known to and trusted by its active members?
- In a single word, when would it make sense to begin building professional, trusting relationships?